White crystals from mint essential oil (Mentha arvensis). It is ideal for preparing balms and gels for local use, including light leg care or toothpaste. It is also known in the formulation of lip balms for its "plumping" effect.
Very powerful, read precautions before use.
In beauty, the cosmetic asset menthol in organic crystals is recognized for these properties: refreshing, "ice" effect: menthol is the compound which gives the "freshness" effect characteristic of mint. It acts by stimulating the skin receptors that react to the cold, thus recreating a feeling of cold. Repulcating effect, volumor on the lips: makes the lips blush and swell the lips refreshes the breath, masks bad odors improves the skin penetration of other active ingredients, in particular essential oils
This asset is used as an ingredient in your preparations:
- Bums, sticks and gloss "plumping" effect for lips
- "Freshness" care
- Oral hygiene: toothpaste
- "Ice" lip balm
- Toothpaste "fresh breath"
- Refreshing face cream
Properties: analgesic, refreshing effect.
Use: disperses in alcohol at room temperature or in oil or in water at 44 degrees C.
Concentration: 0.2 to 2%.
Applications: lotions, creams, milks and exfoliating. Holding out of reach of children- do not use in children under the age of 7.- strictly prohibited in babies and children under 36 months, can cause an apnea reflex or laryngospasm.
- Menthol is a terpenic derivative, do not use in epileptic people or with a history of convulsions.
- Use not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women, never apply a product containing menthol on the breasts if you are breastfeeding.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and do not apply the Menthol -based formulas near the eyes. Do not touch your eyes or face with the gloves used for handling the menthol. Always wash your hands after using a product based on menthol.- Do not use pure on the skin, handle with gloves.
- Please note, depending on the sensitivity of each, the "ice cube" effect can be felt as more or less powerful, always test the effect on a small area before more extensive use.
- Reserve high doses for localized care (painful point, itching, feet, legs), do not apply to large expanses of the body.
- Do not use on injured skin (burn, wound, eczema ...).
- Possible respiratory irritation: do not inhale the vapors, especially when the product is hot dissolved.
- Allergic reaction possible: always test your preparations in the bend of the elbow 48 h before use, in order to detect a possible reaction.
- Menthol can interfere with homeopathic treatments, ask your homeopath for advice.
- Dangerous. Respect precautions for use.- causes skin irritation (risky linked to the product in pure form) .- causes severe irritation of the eyes.
Origin: Mint essential oil (Mentha arvensis)
INCI: Menthol Crystal or L-ENTHOL
Use: 0.2 to 2%
Solubility: in alcohol, or at 44 ° C in oil or water
Fusion point: 41-44 ° C
For external use only
Recipe tooth paste:
White clay: 45 g
Calcium carbonate: 27, 5 g
Siwak powder: 2 g
Food baking soda: 1.5 g
SCI 1 g or peppermint hydrosol (with 3 menthol crystals dissolved in it)
48 g Vegetable glycerin:
6 g or 11 drops of essential oil Synergies Health of Zayat teeth (see in our shop).
Mix all the ingredients in order. Then put in your container and you are ready to use it.